Friday, August 28, 2020

No Rest for the Wicked by Kresley Cole - Book Review

 

No Rest for the Wicked by Kersley Cole
Publication date: October 31, 2006
My rating: 3 stars


The last third of the book won me over!

After my dire experience with the previous book in the series - Oh, you know, the usual "I want to shove the "hero" off a cliff and get the heroine to safety" - I was hesitant to continue with this series.
Yet I decided to give it another try because I was intrigued with the world Kresley Cole has created and I can't deny her writing style is quite addictive.

Though I can't say I like this series yet, I was definitely more comfortable with the Hero this time around - finally, someone with some manners. Heck, compared to Lachlain, Sebastian is practically a saint. The Hero and Heroine still obviously frustrated me at times but at least their relationship felt waaay more realistic than that of the couple in the previous book. It just flowed more naturally from lust to love. I still don't like insta-lust though, it still bores the heck out of me so during those insta-lust moments I was dozing off. Welp.

The last third of the book, though! I loved the whole thing that went down! 


Alan Walker ft. Walkers - Unity


“Don't stop kissing me, vampire, or I will kill you.”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment