Thursday, August 13, 2020

Goddess in the Machine by Lora Beth Johnson - (Please Read This Book IT'S SO GOOD) Book Review

 

Goddess in the Machine by Lora Beth Johnson
Publication date: June 30, 2020
My rating: 4.5 stars


What are words?
How does one form them?

I'm pretty sure I had a review ready for this book but then the last 30% blew it away.
It was SO GOOD I was literally sweating from excitement, it nearly gave me anxiety.

I mean how can I even be coherent right now? Just... go read it! And if you have read it, you probably know why I'm not capable of speech at the moment.

The whole book was amazing, how everything came together, the mystery, the characters, the world-building, the author even invented how the English language might look like in the future! It's a whole experience I tell you, and I loved every second of it. 

Here is a random list of why you should read it:

  • Cunning and manipulative boy (who is also flirty and easy-going)! (who doesn't love them, am I right?)
  • Smart, determined, and compassionate girl.
  • Oh trust me, you're going to ship them so hard.
  • Did I mention the new English language she created? At first, I was confused but then I was in love with it, it was so clever!
  • THE PLOT TWISTS (it was like a cascade of plot twists, I tell you).
  • "Good" characters doing morally gray things. 
  • When I finished the book the only thought in my head was "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH".
  • READ IT! I can't recommend this enough!

I guess now I need to calm down and find something to occupy my racing mind as I await the next book.

P.S: If you loved Goddess in the Machine then allow me to recommend Cowboy fromthe Future by Cassandra Gannon & Aurora Rising by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman (and vice versa), both books with similar concepts that I loved. And you might also like Lifelike by Jay Kristoff. 


Genius - Written by Wolves


“I’m, um, Andromeda Yue Watts . . .” Silence. She swallowed. “Daughter of Auric Lim and Isla Watts . . .” More silence. An awkward cough. “Reader of books, keeper of . . . secrets, and goddess of . . . you know, just general goddess . . . things.” 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment