Friday, August 28, 2020

Lothaire by Kresley Cole - Book Review

 

Lothaire by Kersley Cole
Publication date: January 10, 2012
My rating: 3 stars


Spoilers are marked in purple.

I, eh… don’t even know how to feel about this book 😂

It’s like I both loved and hated it.

On one hand, I literally could not put it down, I was ADDICTED it was an all-consuming madness, I read it in one day nonstop. All of the events were just too exciting, I could not stop reading from start to finish. And of course, I adored Elizabeth - THAT GIRL ROCKS, she’s sooo freaking good. And I also loved the villain as a love interest trope.

On the other hand, I wanted to PUNCH the villain of a love interest in the face. He… wow… I can’t even. He’s a piece of work, that’s for sure.

I was also disappointed with the separation arc between them and that it was resolved too quickly and without us getting more time with them as a couple, I felt it was rather frustrating and that we needed more there.

And another thing that kind of ruined the romance for me was how Lothaire basically couldn't accept Elizabeth fully as his Bride/Queen until he turned her into a vampire + couldn't fully accept her as an equal until she nearly decapitated him. For reference, just look back and Neomi and Conard's book and see what a TRUE immortal/mortal pairing is like, how it never seems Conard wants her as an immortal because he can't accept her as a human, how they BOTH want to be together forever. So yeah, I feel like the author could have done that part better because she's done it fantastically before.


Breaking Benjamin - Dance With the Devil


“Admit it, love, you like it when I'm a little bad....”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment