Sunday, August 16, 2020

A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer - Book Review

 

A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer
Publication date: January 29, 2019
My rating: 4 stars

Spoilers are marked in purple

It's been a while since I felt this much hate and fury towards a villain before. Lilith was a MONSTER. She was terrifying and I wanted someone to rip her limb from limb.

I was surprised at how easy to read this book was! It flowed so beautifully. The dialogue was perfect and the descriptions were tasteful. It was really such a joy to read and I flew through it in record time.

My favorite of the boys has to be Rhen. Maybe I'm in the minority in saying so considering most of the reviews I've seen were praising Grey and hardly saying anything about Rhen, but I actually felt the opposite and I loved Rhen! Which is also why I'm worried about reading the next book because some of the reviews I've read said they hate Rhen now due to his actions in the second book. It's part of the reason why I decided to wait until the last books comes out before I continue, to see if it ends well for Rhen and Harper.

Harper was great! She made me realize that I absolutely love the strong yet yielding protagonists. Because being strong all the time without ever yielding (and the opposite) could only hurt yourself and others.
I also adored Jake x Noah, I'm so happy they're together with Harper in Emberfall and I really don't want that family to break up.

About the "I don't know if I love you" at the end, the realist in me understands what the author was doing, it's an interesting twist to the story that "beast" fell in love with the "beauty" but the "beauty" isn't yet sure she really loves the "beast", but the romantic in me is screaming because I'M A ROMANTIC and this was a "let's find out" and not an "I LOVE YOU TOO". Hopefully the next books would fix that.


Written by Wolves - Forever & Always


“It is possible to be strong and yielding at the same time.”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment