Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo - (Short) Book Review

 

Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
Publication date: September 26, 2016
My rating: 3.5 stars


I can't really be coherent in this review.
I thought I could make a reasonable review, but I really just need to freak out about two things. So here goes (SPOILERS):

1) MATTHIAS'S LAST CHAPTER HURT ME. NINA SCREAMING HURT ME. INEJ TELLING HER SHE HAS TO LET HIM GO HURT ME. I HURT.
I actually knew about it before I even started Six of Crows, so in a way I was much better prepared than those whom it came as a total shock at the end. YET I STILL COULDN'T STOP CRYING. It's been a long time since a book made me shed tears and oh did I shed tears 😭
I WANTED THEM TO BE HAPPY. They deserved to be happy. Oh, Matthias. *sobbing*.

2) That last scene with Kaz & Inej? PERFECTION. Perfection, I tell you! It was... and... I... just... WOW. I have to admit considering how little they interacted through most of the book - barring a very very good scene where he dressed her wounds - I didn't expect much from them at the end, since I heard they aren't even considered to be together at the end. And maybe that's technically true but THE BOY HELD HER HAND PEOPLE, he freaking held her hand, gave her a ship, brought her parents to her, and then agreed to meet them and was flustered if he looked alright. *Kyaaa*.

On a last note, I'm super excited we're getting a third book! Yeah, the ending was good, but what can I say the romantic in me cannot be satisfied and I'm in need of more Inej and Kaz moments. 





“I promise, Matthias. I'll take you home."
"Nina," he said, pressing her hand to his heart. "I am already home.”


No comments:

Post a Comment