Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday - Books under 2000 ratings on goodreads


My first Top Ten Tuesday post - how exciting!
This meme was created by The Broke and the Bookish, and this week we're going to talk about my top 6 books under 2000 ratings books on goodreads that I've enjoyed. 


Yes, I'm aware that this is top ten. Unfortunately, I could only find six books under 20000 that I enjoyed.
But they are all fantastic and should definitely get more love. I honestly don't understand how they can be under 2000.
*Shaking my head*. Well, then. 



   Push and Crash by Eve Silver



Ratings on goodreads: 1320 (Push) and 620 (Crash).

My thoughts: The Game trilogy is an addictive one. The writing style is fast paced and effortless, the characters are deep and fantastic - dealing both with fantastical and very real issues. These books grip you to your very soul and you just can't let go. Or do much of anything, really, while reading them. 




Demigods & Magicians by Rick Riordan


Ratings on goodreads: 1565

My thoughts: Well, I'm shocked. Shocked that there is a Rick Riordan book out there with less than 2000 ratings. This is truly unfathomable.
I mean... it's Rick Riordan.
This is really weird.
But anyway, If you have yet to pick this one up, or if you're just hesitant because it's a collection of short stories - you shouldn't be! I'm not a fan of short stories myself, but this book... it was so much fun, so very Rick Riordan like. After my disappointment with Magnus Chase, this book cheered me up, made me laugh and made me want more by the end of it. 




Riders by Veronica Rossi


Ratings on goodreads: 1789

My thoughts: Wow, this book was fun. As in, I loved it, not as in... it was funny. Well, it was funny at times but... never mind.
I flew through this book. Part apocalyptic\part fantasy\part "what is going on?!", this book was plain fantastic.
As it switches back and forth between present to past and you try to figure out how things got like this, you have full blown action, a bit of romance and some very kickass characters.
I enjoyed it so much. 


  The Secret Fire by C.J. Daughtry

and Carina Rozenfeld


Ratings on goodreads: 536 

My thoughts: I'll be the first to admit this book is not original whatsoever. Really, it's not. But. Do you know those books that really aren't original, even cliche, yet you still - for some unexplainable, maybe mystical, reason - like them?
I can't even tell you why I like this one. All I know is that the writing style was fast-paced and very engaging (my favorite combination) and something just... clicked with me.
I can't call it my favorite book but I very much enjoyed it. 


The Long Game by Jennifer Lynn Barnes


Ratings on goodreads: 759 

My thoughts: Okay, so... I am actually aware that this book came out only a month ago, so it might just very well be that not many people had the time to pick this up yet.
Still! It was such am amazing read for me that I had to point out this book only has 759 ratings currently on goodreads.
The first book, I admit, didn't capture my attention  much. It was enjoyable but nothing more. The second book, though... WOW. I was mind blown.
You can check out more of my thoughts on my review for The Long Game.


And that's it for this very short and very fun to do post.
I think I get now why so many bloggers participate in the Top ten Tuesday phenomena.

See you in my next post!
Until then... 




"To really be a nerd, she decided, you have to prefer fictional worlds to the real one." -- Fangirl, Rainbow Rowell 


8 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm really shocked one of Riordan's books is under 2000 too! I would have thought all his books would have sky high ratings. I'm honestly really shocked too that Riders doesn't have many ratings. I wonder why? I haven't read it yet, but I want to soon. I also HAVE to read The Long Game! I read The Fixer last year, and it was one of my favorite books for the year; I loved it! Great selection of books you have here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? *so weird*.
      Oh, I can't wait for you to read Riders! It's fantastic! I hope you'll love it :D
      It really is strange that Riders also doesn't have many ratings, especially considering her Under the Never Sky trilogy was so popular.
      Personally, I loved Riders even more then Under the Never Sky (:
      Oh, the Long Game... it was *oh so good*. When you read it, I'm here to flail with you all about it! - SO MUCH happened. But until you read it... my lips are sealed.
      Thanks for your comment, Stacie! (:

      Delete
  2. Yaay! Welcome to the Top Ten Tuesday family :P
    I can't believe Rick Riordan's book is here :O I've seen people reading it on my Goodreads and Twitter feed, so it's definitely a surprise.
    Riders looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you (:
      I know... I'm still weirded out by this.
      Riders *is* awesome! I want more people to know about it - and read it :D
      I'll probably do more Top Tem Tuesday in the future - I really enjoyed doing this one!

      Delete
  3. You're the first person I know who has read the Game series by Eve Silver! I absolutely love all three books, and have no idea how people don't know about it. It's such a good series! I also can't believe Demigods and Magicians have less than 2000 ratings. It's Riordan, and his work is amazing!
    Great Top Ten Tuesday post :)
    Erika @ Books, Stars, and the Pages in Between

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I really don't think I ever met someone who read The Game trilogy either! It's such an amazing trilogy - I love it so much. I always try my best to push people towards those books - this trilogy must be more
      known!
      You, me, Stacie and Esther are all surprised a Rick Riordan book has less then 2000 ratings :')
      I honestly don't get how such thing can even be possible.
      Thanks, Erika! I'm so glad you liked it :D

      Delete
  4. I added the Eve Silver books to my TBR and I'm so happy to see you enjoyed them. They have definitely been underrated and I have only seen 1 or 2 person read and review them. I hope I love them too.

    And ahhh Riders! I adore that book and I'm totally surprised that it has less than 2000 ratings given how popular the author's debut series was.

    I also need to pick up the Jennifer Lynn Barnes series. It sounds amazing!

    Thanks for sharing, Zoey! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh have fun with The Game trilogy :D
      I know, Riders is so good and so underrated! Like with The Game trilogy, I do my best to push people towards it. Without annoying them, I hope ;)
      Definitely! I actually suggest you start with The Naturals series and then go to The Fixer series (:

      Thank you so much for your comment, Nick!

      Delete