Friday, May 8, 2020

Little White Lies by Jennifer Lynn Barnes - (short) Book Review


Little White Lies by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Publication date: November 6, 2018
My rating: 3 stars


Poor Mackie 😂

Rookie Officer Mackie must be traumatized by white dresses and teenage girls after just one hour with them.

I quite enjoyed Little White Lies!
Though it had a slow buildup, I did find myself intrigued throughout.

I just love how Jennifer Lynn Barnes focuses on relationships, especially female relationships like the ones between mother and daughter, cousins, aunts, grandmothers.

If you're new to Jennifer Lynn Barnes, I would definitely recommend you to pick up her books. I would especially suggest starting out with her The Naturals series.
She also wrote one of the books that totally blew me away, The Long Game (part of The Fixer doulogy). 



*Spoilers* 



I gotta admit, the twist at the end was definitely 😮 We were so convinced we knew what was up, who was whose father, but then... wow, so "uncle" J.D huh? I wonder how that's going to go down.

First of all, there's the whole mother-daughter thing, things were just starting to patch up between them and now it seems we're back to square one. And of course, then there's Lily, who is actually Sawyer's half sister *and* her cousin? Wow. How will that go down when she finds out? For that matter, how will it go down when Olivia finds out? Welp, I guess now I must read the second book!
 






“You're not the type to natter, are you?" David Ames said in response to my silence. I said the first thing that came to mind. "Kind of a sexist way to describe someone talking." He blinked. "You wouldn't describe your grandsons as nattering," I elaborated.”

No comments:

Post a Comment