Friday, May 29, 2020

Beast in Shining Armor by Cassandra Gannon - (Short) Book Review


Beast in Shining Armor by Cassandra Gannon
Publication Date: August 12, 2013
My rating: 3.5 stars


*This is the second book in the A Kinda Fairytale series. I HIGHLY recommend this series if you're looking for fun romance/action/fantasy stories. You can check out my review for the first book here.* 

Avenant sighed. He definitely should’ve skipped the lawsuit and gone with the bloodshed option.


Gosh, I forgot how much I love Avenant.

This is a re-read review, since I didn't review it the first time I read it.

Anyways, yep, I love Avenant! Cassandra Gannon always writes such complex tortured and loveable characters (literally, they're complex, tortured and loveable all at once, and it's just amazing to witness).

“Who the fuck could need you more than I do?  Look at me!  Everyone hates me, I’m barely holding it together in this tiny little space, and I’ve just escaped from a mental institution!  Obviously, I’m a very needful guy.”


The only reason I didn't give it a higher rating was because I had some trouble connecting to our heroine, Belle. I love Avenant so damn much, and even though I liked Belle's fiery nature, I just had trouble falling for her too.
I guess part of me just felt like Avenant loved Belle more than she loved him...? I mean, I know she loves him! But for some reason the portrayal was a bit lacking compared to his. 

Still, this whole series is SO good, and I love it so much. The characters, the plot, the banter, the mixed up fairy tales (I absolutely love what she's doing with the fairy tales, and how she portrayed the rabbit holes in this story was just awesome), just... amazing




Avenant’s brain experienced a full system shutdown.  That happened every time she said something even remotely flirtatious.  He lost the ability to think and became a gaping moron.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment