Saturday, April 25, 2020

Once Burned by Jeaniene Frost - DNF book review


Once Burned by Jeaniene Frost
Publication date: June 26, 2012
My rating: 2 stars (DNF at 61%)


Welp.
Things were going really well at the beginning. I was really liking Leila and Vlad's interactions, thinking them to be fun considering they weren't immediately into each other.

I also loved how clever, resourceful, and reasonable Leila was in the beginning. I was starting to really like her and her calm way of thinking.

But then they reached Vlad's castle and things started to flounder for me.
It turned from interesting to same old same old paranormal romance where hero and heroine end up in bed before halfway through the book and things start to get boring.
Not to mention, the Leila I thought she was going to be was floundering too.

Maybe it's the asexual in me, but I just love seeing characters get to know each other first/clashing/bantering BEFORE they tear each other clothes off.

Back when I was 15, I actually read and liked the first few books of Jeaniene Frost Night Huntress series. I was probably too young for such explicitness considering I was used to only reading YA but alas I actually ended up liking them, from what I remember, though I think I skipped the explicit scenes 😂

I do like Jeaniene's writing style, so who knows maybe I'll decide to pick something else by her someday. Just not for now.



"That one tickles. If electrocution is your way of flirting, I commend you on your originality." 

No comments:

Post a Comment