Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Angel's Wolf by Nalini Singh - (Short) Book Review



Angel's Wolf by Nalini Singh (a short Guild Hunter's Novella)
Publication date: December 13, 2012
My rating: 2 stars

“I think you have never been polite and civilized. Stop making the effort—it’s ridiculous.”

Well, this was rather... disappointing.

Now don't get me wrong, I did enjoy reading this as a short story to the Guild Hunter books, and I would recommend it to anyone out there who read all of Nalini Singh's books and is looking for something extra by her to read, just... it didn't really manage to engage my interest. Not like how I usually feel with Nalini's books.

I felt like there was a lot tell not show in this one, the characters not really holding to what is told about them vs. what is shown, not to mention it was rather heavy on the descriptions too, in my opinion. So overall I was rather... bored? It managed to engage me enough to want to finish the story to see how it ends for Noel and Nimra (not to mention for the "mystery" in the story too), but not enough for me to really like it.

That being said, I'm a huge fan of Nalini Singh's books, and I'm basically reading all of the short stories and other books I missed by her as I await her next books in the Psy Changeling/Guilt Hunter worlds ;) 

If you are reading this review and have yet to pick up any of Nalini's books, I highly highly recommend that you do because she's absolutely a fantastic author. I love her books, her characters, and her world so much. 





"Something about me seems to make women want to want knives." 

No comments:

Post a Comment