Tuesday, June 2, 2020

The King's Men by Nora Sakavic - Book Review


The King's Men by Nora Sakavic
Publication date: December 2, 2014
My rating: 4 stars

"Ready?" 
"Waiting on you," Andrew reminded him. 
"I didn't invite him," Browning said. 
"Trust me," Wymack said. "You'll fare a lot better if you take them both." 

It's like falling down the rabbit hole. 
Only at first you think you're totally in control because you're scaling down the wall. But then you lose your grip and you're falling, falling, falling

In the first book I was: "Ohh, this is interesting!" 
In the second book my heart was already thumping in my chest and I was all: "πŸ‘€πŸΏ" 
By the third book I was: "πŸ˜­πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ₯ΊπŸ§‘" and also occasionally screaming or squealing. 

This book isn't perfect. 
Heck, I even debated whether to rate it 3 or 4 stars. But at the end of the day I decided that a book that can make adrenaline course through my veins when I'm supposed to be sleeping, deserves the 4 stars. 

I loved Literally every Andreil moment. Seeing Andrew opening up to Neil and Neil crushing on Andrew and refusing to leave him alone, getting to know him, joking with him, was everything. 

The characters that frustrated me most - aside from the mafia characters of course - were Aaron and Kevin. Honestly, I hoped to like those two by the third book, especially since it seemed like we might like Aaron after the events of the second book, but nope. 
Oh well, I still loved the rest of the characters - Dan, Matt, Allison, Nickey, Renee.  

It's going to be hard to find a couple like Andreil to read about. 


*Spoilers from now on* 


In no particular order, let me explain what I loved about this book: 

  • That moment when we saw Andrew going insane to see Neil after he's back from his kidnapping. And when he chocked Kevin, whom he promised to keep safe, to find out about Neil because at that moment all he cared about was Neil, because Neil was gone and Andrew's lost his mind 😭 
  • Their conversation when they were reunited and just couldn't physically let go of each other. 
  • Andrew refusing to let Neil go alone to the interrogation and threatening everyone who would dare take him away was just... *sob*. 
  • You can honestly feel their love through their actions. Like how Neil refused to sit with Kevin and the rest and went to sit with Andrew, talking to him for hours. Or how he again followed to sit with Andrew even when everyone sat all together for the first time. 
  • And when Neil said he doesn't swing any way and Andrew is the only one he swings to? Just... MY HEART. 
  • Or when Andrew opened Neil's protein bar without saying a word when Neil struggled to open it due to his injuries. 
  • Andrew pushing Kevin away when he was distressing Neil with his questions. 
  • Andrew helping Neil to shower, dry, dress I CAN'T 😭 
  • "Yes or no?" Because it means so much to Andrew 😭
  • LOL I just love how Andrew was threatening Kevin every time he even slightly opposed Neil, it WAS SO HEARTWARMING. 
  • Andrew choosing to let Aaron go FOR NEIL. EXCUSE ME WHILE I SCREAM. This is literally an Andrew's declaration of love I can't. 
  • Andrew letting Neil put his hand on him 😭
  • Andrew protecting Neil from Riko 😍



"It's a waste of time and money. They'll all lose. I've said all year I don't swing and I meant it. Kissing you doesn't make me look at any of them differently. The only one I'm interested in is you." 
"Don't say stupid things." 
"Make me," Neil returned. He buried his hands in Andrew's hair and tugged him in for a kiss." 

No comments:

Post a Comment