Monday, May 13, 2019

Aurora Rising by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman - Book Review

Aurora Rising by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman
Publication date: May 7, 2019
My rating: 4 stars




Where is book 2? 
No, seriously, where is it? 
Because, please... I need it right now. 

Oh wow. 
This is the type of book that, back in the day, when I was all young and innocent, I would have given it 5 stars. 
But I am very jaded now, and I hardly give books 5 stars, even if they're hella fun and addictive to read. 
Because that's what this book was - just hella fun. Okay, so the ending was kinda creepy and almost gave me nightmares, but the rest of it was hella fun! 

Just a bunch of misfit teenagers on the run from the authorities, trying to figure out what it is they're meant to find, being sarcastic all over space. 
Needless to say, I loved this book. 
AND I NEED THE NEXT BOOK. 

Auri & Kal  

I LOVED Auri! 
She quickly went from this character who obviously has a great destiny ahead of her to this character I just want to hug and make sure she makes it out okay. 

Tough doesn't even begin to describe her, considering everything she went through and still managed to find herself on her feet. She started out as such a wild card but eventually got herself into their group and it was just wonderful to see. 

And Kal. Oh Kal, Kal, Kal. The soldier. I seem to have a thing for his type in books. I loooove Kal. 

I also can't wait to find out more about Kal's background. While we basically know most of Auri's past story, we only ever saw glimpses of Kal, and it seems there is so much more to him. 

Scarlett & Finian  

Is it just me or does it seems like there might be something going on with these two? 
Unlike with Kal and Auri, it doesn't seem to be confirmed at all, and we didn't see any indication of it as of yet from Scaerlett's side, but Finian definitely seems to have started to like her a lot. 

Finian (who I'm pretty sure is Bi?), and Scarlett... those two could be... they could be... explosive together. 
Thinking about it now... I am very much looking forward to this. 

But anyways, Scarlett, the big sister of the group, is just such a wonderful person. Sarcasm and all, she truly cares about everyone, and you just can't help yourself from loving her. 
And Finian, the tech guy- err, betraskan, is just a lovably sarcastic guy, always brightening the mood with his hilarious comments. 

Tyler and Cat 

Tyler, our fearsome leader, may seem a bit cliche, all dimples and blond her and perfection, but I feel like that's what the authors were going for and I loved it. 
And, well, nobody is perfect. 
I really like Tyler - his personality, his faith, his beliefs. 
I am also finding it totally awesome that he seems to have developed a taste for going rogue, considering how "follow the rules" he is. But they do say those who go extremely to one side can just as extremely flip...? Wait, do they say it? 
Hang in there, Tyler! You can do this! Lead the way :') 

So... Cat. 
Out of everyone, my relationship with Cat could probably be described as the most complicated. 
At first, I was liking her. She seemed very snarky and tough and I was hoping she and Tyler could figure this out. 
But then... as she continued being so hostile towards Aurora, I just... she just got farther and farther away from me. 
It's not that I don't understand where she was coming from. I DO. But I still couldn't... I don't know, connect to her? 

Zila 

I didn't think I would like Zila as much as I do considering her chapters were crazy short and we didn't seem to get to know her as much as the others. 
However. 
Slowly, bit by bit, I found myself liking this ever so cool calm and collected girl. 
She was always the first to figure out what's what, with her genius IQ and fast thinking. 
I want to know more about her. 

And that's Squad 312 for you, the unlikely group of misfits about to turn into heroes of the galaxy (not that anyone knows it yet). 

We the legion 
We the light 
Burning bright against the night. 

You can do this. 
Believe. 





“LEGIONNAIRE JONES,” the figure replies. “YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE MURDER OF GLOBAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY PERSONNEL, AIDING AND ABETTING A WANTED FUGITIVE AND VIOLATION OF COUNTLESS AURORA LEGION REGULATIONS.” “It’s been a funny couple of days,” Tyler agrees. 

No comments:

Post a Comment